Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager Job Description
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
TACTICAL EMPLOYEE SUMMARY AND EXPECTATIONS
As a member of the team, you accept the core values; Honor, Courage & Commitment of Tactical Construction, Inc., and the customers we represent. In all activities, satisfying and exceeding the expectations and desires of our customers shall be the number one priority along with creating a growth culture focused on employee development and success. From this basic standard and the adherence to our company’s mission, vision, and core values, we shall conduct our daily business.
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for assisting in planning, organizing, and coordinating project activities, ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet quality standards. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development of project plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Coordinate project activities and manage timelines to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Collaborate with project team members to identify and manage project risks and issues.
- Monitor project progress, track project milestones, and provide regular updates to project stakeholders.
- Assist in the procurement of materials and services required for projects.
- Ensure compliance with project specifications, codes, and regulations.
- Assist in the management of project documentation, including contracts, drawings, and specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of project reports and presentations.
- Attend project meetings and communicate effectively with project team members, contractors, and clients.
- Provide administrative support to the Project Manager as required.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities as required.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees by following safety protocols, identifying and correcting or reporting safety risks, and maintaining a jobsite free from debris, clutter, and hazards.
- Be dependable, reliable, and consistent by showing up to work as scheduled, on time and ready to work hard.
- Be a team player by striving for harmony and working with managers and team members to complete tasks.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Always communicate clearly and respectfully and listen actively to understand.
- Communicate issues, concerns, suggestions, with the supervisor or appropriate staff member.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in construction project management or related field.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with project team members, contractors, and clients.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage project documentation.
- Knowledge of construction codes and regulations.
- Proficiency in project management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to safely work with sharp tools or power equipment.
- Must have manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects. Must be able to lift individually and as a team heavy construction related materials.
- Prolonged periods walking, standing, climbing, bending, sitting, and kneeling.
- Requires long periods of physical activity without getting tired or short of breath.
- Bend, stretch, twist, reach out, climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
- Use fingers and hands to handle, grasp, move, assemble and control materials, objects, tools, etc.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- Repeat the same movements (i.e., Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists).
- See objects/controls in bright/glaring light, see details of objects, determine distance between objects.
- Understand the speech of another person and speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them; focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- The position regularly operates using hand and power tools and requires the ability to lift construction related materials/supplies/equipment. As job sites vary, the above list is not necessarily an exhaustive description of the physical demands associated with a particular job
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The Company may make reasonable accommodations such as a change or adjustment to a job or work environment to enable a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the position, providing this accommodation does not cause an undue hardship. Any employees requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.
Company operating hours are Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm. Full-time employees are regularly scheduled and expected to work 40 hours per week. Part-time employees are expected to work as scheduled. Overtime as needed and approved by the manager. All employees are required to take meal breaks in accordance with New York state law.